Lian Li PC-7F or Silverstone FT01 Fortress?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Price asside which is the better case? Going to fit one of the i7 Overclocked bundles in so cooling is a factor. But so is looks, ease of use etc.

Both look good, but i think i'm leaning towards the FT01 Fortress.

Opinions?

TIA
:)

Associate
I think feature wise I'd go for the Fortress.... but if it was me actually buying it I'd go Lian Li :p Still a great case but just looked better in my opinion and Im shallow and things have to look nice if possible haha

V_R

V_R

Soldato
OP
Seneker: Cheers, yep it is wider than most isn't it. I'm going for the UD5 Combo.

The Lian li does look nicer in its own way. But the fortress keeps grabbing my attention. Guessing the cooling on the Fortress is better too?

Associate
I've been looking at similar mid-tower cases, and have just ordered the fortress. I've read a lot of negative reviews, or rather disappointed ones, from people who went lian-li.

of you got any links for the negative reviews for the lian li us i really like this case and i want to make the right choice.

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
OP
ye i'd like to see them too, as i'm starting to lean towards the LL because imo its the better looking case.

Associate
Not so much as official reviews - more people on forums having high expectations of Lian Li cases and being moderately disappointed. Lots of talk of thin side panels, and hints that the case didn't meet their expectations.

These are just conclusions drawn from reading in forums, so don't take them as gospel!

I don't believe there is a perfect case out there. When choosing a case, especially a midi tower, I think it's more of a case of choosing the one whose faults have the least impact on your requirements. In the case of the Fortress, it could have been so much better if the fan filters had better access and the hard drive cages didn't impact on the airflow to the GPU. However, it really is a lovely looking case, and 180mm fans are a big attraction when you want quiet before overclocking.

Associate
excellent choice mate, I've got that case and it looks awesome. Wouldn't have thought I'd like the blue fan either, but the whole monolithic look is brilliant. It oozes quality.

There better be pictures! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom