WD email support - woefully slow.

Associate
Here's a reason I'll never be using Western Digital's online support ever again.

Well, aside from the fact that I don't currently own a WD drive... but there's every chance I'll get one in the future.

I sent them a support email on the 2nd of September, and got the reply today... that's 6 weeks later! What the hell use is that to anyone with a failed drive.

Fortunately I got in touch with OcUK directly who, although not without faults, dealt with the problem relatively quickly. I had a new drive within 2 weeks, even with some problems in the RMA, rather than 6 weeks of waiting. I'd actually assumed I'd done something wrong and not sent it properly.

Finally, to add insult to injury, the email was a generic "try these links" email with a very quick message at the top, vaguely mentioning my specific problem in a totally useless way.

Need western digital's help? Pick up the phone and give them a ring. Don't want to waste money on a company that obviously only pays attention to their toll-paying support? Buy another hard drive, I'd presume.

Back
Top Bottom