Starting my own youth football team – advice needed.

Soldato
Hey chaps, i have started a youth football team on my local estate, i do a bit of youth work in the deprived area and decided a footy team would be good for some of the lads who are getting into trouble. I applied for funding and with a few generous donations from some nice chaps at the local church i have about 2k in a dedicated bank i just created.
I think i have a pitch sorted, and the idea is just to train and play a friendly once or twice a month with other local teams.

So i need a kit and bibs, can anyone who knows recommend a good place to get a kit and supplies?

Also anyone know anything about insurance or any legal requirements i might need, but for now any recommended kit links would be grand

Soldato
I don't know anywhere decent to buy kits but you could do a supermarket bag pack to raise money for strips. As for bibs, maybe ask a couple of the local schools? If they've just bought new equipment there will be loads spare.

Edit- just realised you've got 2 grand, maybe you won't need hand me downs. :p

Associate
KlubKits over in Fareham would be worth a shout, they've got everything you need to get started.

I'm not sure you'll get much interest if you're only playing friendly matches once or twice a month.
Nearly all the local teams will be in a league of some sort, so don't know how easy it would be to arrange friendly games.

You could look at joining a 5-a-side league somewhere, means less people to get together and the pitches, referees etc are sorted out for you.

Back
Top Bottom