Power Loss on Fiat Multipla

Soldato
Just a question to see if of you knowledgeable people have any idea about what might be casuing a problem with my father-in-laws car.

He has a 06 1.9 JTD Fiat Multipla and last week it developed a problem where on pressing the accelerator it just didn't go, but then drive a bit a try again and it might then just take off when pressing the acc.

No warning lights are on the car dash, phoning round the garages seem to pull a blank as well unless its up on a ramp connected to an engine monitor as it is an intermittent fault.

I'm really asking for ideas for what might be causing the problem and thus how to solve it....

FYI - My F-i-L is not unfamilar with cars as he used to work the motorways as a breakdown mechanic many moons ago, but obviusly cars change (and become more complex)

TIA

Soldato
Would these not be fly by wire?

Could be the throttle position sensor though.

If it's intermittent it could be something loose - maybe a sensor cable or even a split boost hose.

Soldato
Just had a scan of google and a few others have not problems with the egr - removing and cleaning seemed to have solved it... is this possible?

Cant comment on the engine in question but it's generally not a hard job, just very messy. Can't see it being the root cause of this issue though due to the fact it's intermittent

Back
Top Bottom