Are you serious?

Associate
Ok, i know when you've played a game for a while online, you know all the maps well, know lots of different tactics, and are often a lot more skilled than other players so more often than not you end up in the top half of the scoreboard. I finally managed to get into a game on dragon rising with 24 people and managed 45 kills without dying, i wasnt camping or using noob tactics either, just run and gun, i ran out of ammo several times, healed quite a few times as well. it shocked me when the scoreboard came up at the end and the nearest person to me had 9 kills,7 deaths.

Anyone else got some ridiculous runnings like this in any other games?

Associate
Counterstrike Source

Been playing it for far too long, back in my heyday (circa 2006) I managed to amass 112 - 2 on a Deathmatch server.

Also: In before the people saying "stop waving your e-peen" etc...

Soldato
Yeah I have games like that sometimes, usually put it down to me having the best connection and gaining a few tenths of a second advantage over others rather than me actually being much better.

Associate
cs when you could bunny hop used to be able to jump across the map so quick and kill so many people without dying because they cant aim that fast. learning to bunny hop was 1 of my favorite online gaming times ever then they took it out :(

Associate
i have had a few good games on battlefield 2 in the past :)
once i got into the turret on a tank and the guy driving really seemed to know what he was doing, we didnt die once during the whole match and we were top of the list

in another match i managed to hold a point fighting off about 8 people on my own :D i dont think i was at the top of that list but its those moments that made me love the game

Soldato
Never been jammy enough to pull off epic kill:death ratios... but I do remember this two epic moments in my FPS career - one was playing Q2 RA2 against the league division leaders (our team were 2nd bottom) on a 5v5, my team got wiped out and it was me vs. 5. I won and got applauded by the opposition team (I was so happy :p).

Other time was in Q3 CTF, was down to 1v1 on a Q3 3wave CTF game. I scooted overly quitely and got their flag and the other guy didn't get my flag, so I waddled back over to my base like some kinda ninja, went up on the jump-pad and did a huge rocket jump so I'd land on my flag. But during the rocket jump I noticed a blue dot and I just snap-shotted the enemy guy with my railgun killing him and landed to cap out flag about half a second later. Guy replied with "bot?", I laughed and enjoyed it as I'll never pull off a 1/10000 shot like that again :)

Good times... I miss them :(

Back
Top Bottom