P55 Build - Spec me!

Associate
OCcart.jpg

That's what I'm currently looking at getting, selling my old parts to subsidise the splurge!

Anyway I've currently got a Geforce GT260 but was looking to upgrade but not sure what to? I'll be running one 22-24 inch monitor which I'll be looking to purchase.

Also I've got a Silverstone Fortress case but would want to do some watercooling which will be limited in this case. Any ideas?

Are the above components a good combo or would you swap any of them out for something else?

Also looking to get a good SSD drive for my main windows install, do you recommend games etc to be placed on a traditional drive or on the SSD?

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
probably dont need to upgrade gfx card with a 22-24inch screen, but if you do go for 5850.

want to watercool just cpu or everything?

Associate
OP
Potentially everything but my desk has limited space and bigger cases would have to be placed 'side on' due to the lack of depth.

I'd consider just a CPU option as the fans on the fortress are pretty quiet!

Thanks

Associate
How come you've specced two different types of ram with different speeds? I would go for the cheaper 1600MHz stuff if your not looking to overclock. If you are that memory should still be fine unless your a crazy overclocker :)

Soldato
i managed to get a 5850 in the price in this lot

Capture-4.jpg

forgot the heatsink

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 CPU Cooler (Socket 939 / AM2 / AM2+ / 775 / 1156 / 1366) £19.99
(£17.38) £19.99

Back
Top Bottom