• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Radeon HD 5750 & 5770 reviews now LIVE!

Soldato
Other sites disagree (that are in English)

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-5770-review-test/14

This link below performs the same test in Dx11 for Battleforge, and also disagrees with the Germans.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3658&p=7
As the first DirectX11 title it’s of particular importance for the latest rendition of DirectX, although in this case we aren’t using any features that would be impacted by it.s the first DirectX11 title it’s of particular importance for the latest rendition of DirectX, although in this case we aren’t using any features that would be impacted by it.

Basically they turned all the DX11 stuff off :p

Soldato
The GPU itself idled at about 10W....the rest of the 90W total comes from the other stuff on the PCB and the majority from the gDDR5 as it does not clock down with powerplay on the 48xx series (I never thought the memory used that much power but was corrected by people on here who had verified with a watt meter that downclocking memory saved power by a significant amount).

Soldato
Basically they turned all the DX11 stuff off :p

They did not turn anything off.
Your either running the game in DX11 or your not.
What they are saying that the game is not using any features in DX11 that could give a performance hit as the game simply does not need to use those features & are using DX11 features that give a performance increase.

Just as some DX10.1 features gave a performance increase over DX10, DX11 is doing more so.

Last edited:
Soldato
The GPU itself idled at about 10W....the rest of the 90W total comes from the other stuff on the PCB and the majority from the gDDR5 as it does not clock down with powerplay on the 48xx series (I never thought the memory used that much power but was corrected by people on here who had verified with a watt meter that downclocking memory saved power by a significant amount).

the gddr3 models do, perhaps not all of them though, i dont know. my 4830 did and im sure the 4850's do as well.

well, got rid of the 4830 today. £60 :) now i still need to decide....5770 or 5850?

Associate
i think DX11 needs to be given a chance to see what it can do before shelling out to buy new hardware.

GTX260 OC + Arkham asylum can be had for £120 which makes these 5770 look poor price wise.

As soon as Nvidia get there DX11 range out it will be much better deals all round as ATI will actually have some market competition

Back
Top Bottom