PS3 Slim Artifacting

Soldato
Just been playing a bit of Dirt 2 and I've noticed that my launch day PS3 Slim is now and again showing up some artifacting. It starts off in the middle as a small vertical line or two, then it grows slightly (more vertical lines from the middle outwards) and then disappears completely and I may not see it again for a while (hours).

This has only started happening today and I had a bit of a Google around but it seems to be results with 'my original PS3 is artifacting, I may upgrade to a slim'.

Anyone had this issue? The PS3 doesn't seem to be very warm (to the touch) but it is pumping out quite a bit of warm air as you'd expect.

It's not in a cabinet or stored away anywhere that would hinder cooling so I'm in two minds as to possibly get it replaced or not.

It's a hassle I'd rather not go through but if the thing is gradually toasting itself it'll be guaranteed to go bust one day after the year's warranty expires.

I'm assuming I would be within my rights to go straight to the retailer given that it's not that old?

Thanks for any help. :)

Soldato
I say to do it.

If you are sure that it isn't the cable / TV (which I am guessing from what you are saying that it probably isn't) then it is the PS3.

It's better to get it sorted out now rather than later when it's running / out of warranty.

Soldato
OP
Was just watching the England game there and it started happening again, albeit brief.

Seems the television might be on its way out - those with Slims can rest easy I guess. :p

Back
Top Bottom