Banking question

Don
Just found out that due to some changes at work at end of month they won't be able to split my salary between 2 accounts as they do at moment

A fixed amount is paid into my LLoyds TSB account every month to cover the house bills

The rest goes into my Yorkshire bank account and pays for the cars and general spends

I want to keep the Yorkshire one as my main account

I was going to set a standing order up from Yorkshire to LLoyds but that may take a few days and leave that account short for some Direct Debits

any suggestions of best way of dealing with this

could I get Yorkshire to set me a new account up and move an amount to that ( I assume this would be immediate )

there are loads of DDs at Lloyds though so it would be a pain to move them all

any ideas ?

Soldato
I do something similar. I now get paid by cheque (!?!?!?!?) every three months (!?!?!?!?x2), so split it between bank accounts. I just have a standing order that I manually use when the cheque has cleared. The money usually hits the accounts as soon as I click confirm (presumably due to the faster payments system). I have the option to automate this on a certain date.... so should suit you?

Associate
Banks usually move all you DD for you when you open a new account if you fill out the right form but this can take time

Your bank not upgraded to the quick BACS scheme yet? Know that my bank (Natwest) transfers upto £1k (could be more) in around 30mins to recipient account

Soldato
Ring Lloyds, explain the situation.

They can give you a tempoary overdraft (It will last 30 days then revert back to what it was) to cover the Direct Debts. If you don't have financial issues or problems with your bank Lloyds are very good at doing this.

I did similar to this a few years ago and couldn't fault there service and understanding of the situation.

Don
OP
Ring Lloyds, explain the situation.

They can give you a tempoary overdraft (It will last 30 days then revert back to what it was) to cover the Direct Debts. If you don't have financial issues or problems with your bank Lloyds are very good at doing this.

I did similar to this a few years ago and couldn't fault there service and understanding of the situation.

that would only be a temp solution though

Don
OP
Banks usually move all you DD for you when you open a new account if you fill out the right form but this can take time

Your bank not upgraded to the quick BACS scheme yet? Know that my bank (Natwest) transfers upto £1k (could be more) in around 30mins to recipient account

checked the "faster transfer" tables and it doesn't look good, will ring tomorrow and confirm

VoG

VoG

Soldato
i'm with Yorkshire as well, if you bank online why not just one off BT tonight to cover any short fall then set up a monthly BT while your about it. Yorkshire BT's are damn quick from my own experience.

Don
OP
i'm with Yorkshire as well, if you bank online why not just one off BT tonight to cover any short fall then set up a monthly BT while your about it. Yorkshire BT's are damn quick from my own experience.

no hurry for this month, normal transfer takes 3-4 days to LLoyds

Back
Top Bottom