Burning in a Plasma for 200hrs

Soldato
I am burning in my plasma for the next two hundred hours by connecting my laptop and running winamp full screen visualisation on a play list of 1000 songs.

Because the screen in constantly changing and it seems to go through a good range of colours, this should be an acceptable way of burning in the screen right?

Or am I missing something glaring here?

Soldato
OP
Soldato
Haha.

More seriously Snax, if you're running that with moderate settings (Cinema mode, contrast/brightness 50% or below) and the picture fills the entire screen with no black border than that should be absolutely fine.

The main thing is they dont need hugely burning in anymore; however its still advised to 'ease them in', even 200 hours of regular tv without constant logos would be fine.

Hell, I played an all day stint of WOW on my screen when it was new (whoops) and although I got some IR, it was gone as much as I can see, even in no light/low light, dark background from 6" within a week or two of alternate uses.

Just dont go silly and you should be fine :D

Soldato
I am burning in my plasma for the next two hundred hours by connecting my laptop and running winamp full screen visualisation on a play list of 1000 songs.

Because the screen in constantly changing and it seems to go through a good range of colours, this should be an acceptable way of burning in the screen right?

Or am I missing something glaring here?

Free burn-in .iso available here.

http://www.eaprogramming.com/

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Haven't bothered personally, as said modern Plasmas don't really need it.

The reason ISF calibrators will say it needs doing is yes the picture does change over the initial periods, but not for the worse, just beds in a bit. So they are saying don't pay the few hundred or however much to get them in at the start, before bedded in, as things will probably change and make their cailbration redundant :)

Associate
I'd agree with the above. My picture has got better (more deep colours) over the last 2 months, but i played games with HUD..etc for hours only 2 days after i bought it and i havent had any artifacts from this.

(though i did when i fell asleep and the screen displayed a helpful message saying that the channel returns at 6am the next day for 1-2 hours. Even then it had completely faded by 8 am the next day)

Soldato
i dont have a blow torch or a an oven big enough. I do have sharks with lazers on their head. Shall i superheat it like that?

Possibly, check the manufacturers instruction regarding the type of dolphins to be used.

It's not something to really worry about, just watch tv normally for the first month. People do recommend not whoring up gaming for example when a set is new, and as it has been said calibrators advice some time for the picture to settle down.

Just enjoy the set :D

Soldato
Just enjoy the set :D

Exactly what I did with my Kuro 5090

picture got a lot more vivid after a few weeks, but then I rarely gamed on it, occasionally fell asleep to a BR but the disc menu never left an image on the screen to this day (a year later)

Soldato
OP
Many thanks guys. The sharks are sad but I am much happier.

If anything, burning in the tv prevents me from watching it and thus I am forced to revise *sob*. Come November the 5th I will be playing my new ps3 until my fingers fall off or my eyes explode :p

Back
Top Bottom