Cheapo PC GPU

Associate
Hi guys have just built a very cheapo PC just for the process of basic HD playback on my Plasma just like a media centre, now I have spent no more than £30 on the parts :) I need a GPU as the onboard Intel G33 is giving me some issues with CIV4 I love to play this game on my big plasma now I have a gaming machine consisting of a i7 which I play most of my games on and PS etc. What would you guys recommend to be a decent GPU for this machine, doesn’t need to be over kill :)

261nsid.png

Soldato
HD4670? Might be a tad cpu limited at low resolutions, but it's a decent card with good power consumption for £55

EDIT: May have misread your post :p if you're just using it as a media box could go even further down for a 4350 or similar..

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm..Not really worth dropping down to a 4650 (imho) and you wont get as many options out of a 4350.

Recommendation: Get that 4670 and (optional) overclock that E1400 to 3.0GHz :D

Associate
OP
The E1400 believe it or not has shocked me :D It’s come a long way from the old Celeron generation; it’s a cracking budget CPU, I will try to push it further! I ideally need a passive GPU as its running near silent and a loud GPU fan would be an issue :)

Back
Top Bottom