Steak and fried bread

Soldato
The story starts in 1999. I was but a wee boy in a restaurant in Ireland. I ordered steak. Fair enough you may say. But oh no, this was no ordinary steak: it was served atop a piece of fried bread.

Ever since I have always served my steaks this way, and I have never seen it served like this anywhere else. It's absolutely delicious - you get the moist/tenderness of the steak (if you're not a woman and have it rare/medium) and the crunch of the bread. Works wonders.

My question: do you do this or have you seen steak served this way?

PS. I have just finished a tea comprised of said steak and fried bread, inspiring this post. My stomach is content :cool:.

Associate
I've always had it like that.

Fry egg,beans,potato bread,soda,black pudding,onion,tomato,steak,onion,sausages,bacon

Fry bread in the delicious juices.

Or you can use pancakes.

Tasty breakfast/winter insulation.

Soldato
OP
Have you tried putting another slice on top and taking it on Dragon's Den as an upmarket beef burger?

Upmarket? Really? :p

Oh and the secondary positive out of this, is that any juices that come out the steak (again, pending your lack of woman) soak into the fried bread leading to ultimate flavour collection.

Fry egg,beans,potato bread,soda,black pudding,onion,tomato,steak,onion,sausages,bacon.

Love that stuff, but I hardly ever shop in large supermarkets so I rarely see it :(.

Back
Top Bottom