Ripped off by Marbles!!

Associate
Just a quick note to anyone who has a Marbles credit card and is blissfully unaware of the %rate increase.

I Do all my banking online and glanced at one of my statements the other day to see that Marbles had put up their interest rate from 14.9% to an amazing 32.9%

They did supposedly inform me by snail mail and gave me the option to stay on the lower interest rate if I responded within 30 days and a new card would be issued. When they were taken over in April they had already sent me a new card but failed to inform me at this point of the % increase and that i would have to cut this new card up and apply for yet another card.

This company has in my mind just trapped a load of people some of whom will now not be able to get away from this situation as they have no further credit available and therefore can't move the balance. Luckily I'm not in this position but still feel like I have been robbed during the time I have been paying the new % rate.

Associate
Years ago a "personal manager" at Barclays called to suggest I have one of their different flavour cards with a lower interest rate, but with a £250 yearly fee. He said it would save money so I pointed out there was already a standing order to pay off my card in full each month so I hadn't paid a penny interest in 10 years. He then seem confused. I guess you don't need GCSE maths to be a "personal manager" at Barclays.

Back
Top Bottom