Gaming Headset with Mic and Sound Card...

OcUK Staff
I currently have an Asus T3 Barebones, similar to this one:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-062-AS&groupid=701&catid=110&subcat=343

Can anyone recommend me a gaming headset with a mic, my budget for these is say, 150... But I would not want to spend that much unless it is worth it. So I am quite flexible, I just want the best gaming headset money can buy.

Also, as for the sound card, it needs to fit in the above case, and I want it to be used mainly for gaming, and for the odd music too.

Any help is appreciated. When it comes to sound cards and headsets, I am not sure what is recommended at this moment for gaming. :eek:

Soldato
This is what I use, senny 595's (£80-100) and speedlink clip-on mic(£5).

hd595zoom.jpg

4003.jpg

The headphones are good for music and make locating enemies by their gunshots or footsteps easy!

I'll let someone else recommend a soundcard.

Edit: The 595's are open, so people will be able to hear your games if in the same room.

Last edited:
Associate
I have Sennheiser PC 350's (£100ish) and have to say they were worth every penny. Excellent build quality and really good mic. They're also so comfortable to wear you'll forget you're wearing them (mind the lead!).

The only down side is that the Bass isn't quite as punchy as it could be but it's adequate and the pros more than make up for this.

Soldato
They're comfortable, there is some bass but it isn't over the top. They're quite easy to drive too.

I know it's difficult to compare headphones to earphones, but they've surely got at least as much bass as sennheiser MX90C earphones (~£30)?

I'm not after head thumping bass (that's what my Z5400 THX 5.1 is for :D) but I want good sounds and bass etc when listening to music/games late at night when 5.1 isn't an option :p

Back
Top Bottom