Spec me a Cocktail

Associate
Had a strange night yesterday and ordered a few drinks online. Just got the lot delivered and wondered if there are any nice cocktails I can make up.

dsc00024jn.jpg

Here's the list, willing to try anything nice:

Italian Pepperoni Pizza 372g Each£1.74£1.743
*Diet Kx Stimulation Drink 6 X 250ml Each£1.52£4.56
6Oakleys Pear 568ml Each£1.60£9.60
Tvx Mixed Pack 8x275ml Bottles Each£5.38£5.38
Morgans Spiced Dark Rum 70cl Each£13.00£13.00
Sheridan's Liqueur 50cl Each£8.50£8.50
Merlyn Welsh Cream Liqueur 70cl Each£9.00£9.00
Aftershock Red Cinnamon 50cl Each£15.42£15.42
Savanna Peach Schnapps 70cl Each£5.99£5.99
Cococabana Coconut Liqueur 70cl Each£4.99£4.99
*Dutch Advocaat 70cl Each£5.24£5.24
De Kuyper Blue Curacao Liqueur 50cl Each£9.99£9.99
Mickey Finn's Apple Moonshine 500ml Each£5.11£5.11
Fruiss Creative Grenadine Syrup 70cl Each£3.21£3.21

GOGOGO OCUKAHOLICS (don't spec me any cocktails with the pizza, that's about to be eaten :D )

Soldato
I don't think you can make any of the cocktails I would suggest lol (e.g. cosmopolitan, mojito :D) but you could maybe try google.

edt: oooh i found one if you have orange juice? lol

Fuzzy Shark

1/2 oz blue curacao
1 1/2 peach schnapps
4oz orange juice

Last edited:
Soldato
was going to ask how you could add a pizza to cocktails ;)

De Kuyper Blue Curacao Liqueur
Mickey Finn's Apple Moonshine
Fruiss Creative Grenadine Syrup
Oakleys Pear

and any lemonade if you have it :) should end up quite nice

Soldato
i normally only drink classic cocktails etc, not the fancy ones with random types of syrup and colours ,what i do is make a list of coctails and then buy the needed stuff..

give me 5 minutes :S

hard to make sense of the list

De Kuyper Blue Curacao (1) Lime juice (1) and vodka (2) but as a shot ??????? (its a ratio)

very few decent things in that list :(

Last edited:
Associate
OP
was going to ask how you could add a pizza to cocktails ;)

De Kuyper Blue Curacao Liqueur
Mickey Finn's Apple Moonshine
Fruiss Creative Grenadine Syrup
Oakleys Pear

and any lemonade if you have it :) should end up quite nice

Just tried out a pint of this (minus the lemonade).

Turns out looking a bit like vimto and doesnt taste too bad. Couldnt describe the taste though other than "odd" and "not unpleasant".

That apple moonshine is quite bitter neat :D

Associate
OP
very few decent things in that list :(

Feel free to make some recommendations for another half a dozen beverages that I could use to compliment the collection and actually allow me to mix something usable.

(not planning on drinking all this for months and month, just want to establish a collection and have some decent stuff to mess around with)

Soldato
Just tried out a pint of this (minus the lemonade).

Turns out looking a bit like vimto and doesnt taste too bad. Couldnt describe the taste though other than "odd" and "not unpleasant".

That apple moonshine is quite bitter neat :D

add lemonade when you get some, should end up tasting somewhat like blue slush puppy :D It's a slight deviation of the drink purple rain, it's awesome :D but yea, lemonade is needed just to flavour it out a bit more, and probably lose the apple, but it's fun to add more drink alcohol

Associate
OP
Had purple rain last weekend oddly enough.

Looked more black/clear than purple/clear. It's blue curacao and what exactly normally?

EDIT: Got some lemonade alcopops somewhere, how do I make purple rain with this?

Soldato
if I remember rightly, (off the top of my head,) It's blue curaco, triple sec, peach snapps, grenadine, vodka and lemonade, and probably cranberry juice too methinks, in a VERY big glass on ice, you've got the majority of it there,with the grenadien, peach, curaco etc, try rum instead of vodka, might be a little sickly, but would still work

this thread has prompted me to have a drink myself, shame it's by myself though hehe

Soldato
(not planning on drinking all this for months and month, just want to establish a collection and have some decent stuff to mess around with)

Thats good, but it depends what you like, i like these... and with what i had (expensive to re-stock everything) i could make quite a lot of other cocktails.

Old Fashioned
Long Island Iced Tea
Martini
Black Russian
Manhattan
Tom Collins
Margarita
Mojito

Fav's for me is the old fashioned which i made with eagle rare 17year old bourbon/ woodford reserve -- Nice ice, yea the bagged ice is rubbish for cocktails (too small) Dash of angosora bitters, sugar and twist of lemon/orange If you make it right it is very nice and smooth.

And the standard cocktail i make just to drink is the Long island iced tea, i dont make my one long and add only a splash of coke ... long story short the alcohol content of it should be around 20-25% so you put a shot of cola at most! But the good thing about this one is you need (Tequilla/Rum (white)/Vodka/Gin/Cointreau (cointreau instead of triple sec because its 40% rather than 20%) and then Cola/Lemon juice (mine is fresh) and sugar syrup. So with that combo you got the base drinks for a lot of cocktails.

The only thing i can recommend that you must have is angostura bitters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom