Price check- discs,pads, sensors and fitting

Man of Honour
Depends where the quote is from and what the parts are. I wouldn't pay an independant £170 to replace my disks and pads as a BMW main dealer will do it, using genuine parts, for £229.

Soldato
As Fox says, depends on the quality of the parts - I don't know about the BMW specifically but it doesnt sound extortionate - I was once quoted nearly £300 for the same job on my Mondeo! That would have been a rip off :)

Ask for a breakdown of the parts and labour cost, I normally do - helps you find out how expensive it is as you can find the parts price online

Capodecina
Soldato
The various responses here quote prices for replacing "disks and pads". The OP also referred to "sensors" - have you allowed for these and/or are these parts likely to be significantly more expensive to supply than possibly "generic" disks and pads?

I ask because I believe that I will need to get the front disks and pads replaced before my next MOT.

Man of Honour
The various responses here quote prices for replacing "disks and pads". The OP also referred to "sensors" - have you allowed for these and/or are these parts likely to be significantly more expensive to supply than possibly "generic" disks and pads?

BMW will replace these as well - they are inexpensive bits of metal which complete a circuit when the pad wears low to illuminate a light on the dash.

Back
Top Bottom