• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SLI Upgrade

Associate
Currently I have 2 x EVGA 880GTX's running in SLI, as I have not been paying attention to the upgrade market lately would someone be able to suggest what would be an upgrade for replacing this - am I looking at a GTX 295?

Associate
Well if you want to save money you should go for the 5850 and overclock it to near the speed of the 5870. The 5870 isn't worth the £100 premium.

Associate
If you want to see a really nice performance/value increase, I would try and last untill the Nvidia GT300 release. Either those cards hit the spot and you could get one of them, or ATI's cards will have (hopefully) droped in price to more affordable levels. ATI may have some other great cards out by then, who knows.

Ofc if you have lots of cash now just get a HD 5870.

My plan is to wait :)

Back
Top Bottom