Vista laptop fingerprint recognition?

Associate
Hi all.

A friend has asked me to look at her daughters laptop. She says that it had software on it to log into Windows profiles by pressing your finger against the touchpad but now this isn't working and thinks the software has been uninstalled by mistake.

I've never owned a laptop so have never come across this issue. My question is can anyone suggest any free software i can grab and install for this to work again? She says that when the Vista laptop was bought it already had this functionality installed on it.

Many thanks in advance.

Soldato
never heard of a touchpad being able to scan your fingerprint?

maybe she means it has a fingerprint reader near the touchpad somewhere that you swipe your finger over as these are quite common now days on lappys

what make/model laptop is it?

Associate
OP
never heard of a touchpad being able to scan your fingerprint?

maybe she means it has a fingerprint reader near the touchpad somewhere that you swipe your finger over as these are quite common now days on lappys

what make/model laptop is it?

Yeah i think that's what she meant too. As i said in my first post i'd never come accross that either.

Not at home with the lappy at the min so can't tell you the make and model for another 30 mins. So any ideas how to get the finger print reader working again? Is there software i need to install?

Soldato
yeah it would help if we knew what laptop it is
my acer has a fingerprint reader in between the left n right buttons next to the touchpad

My uncle has the same laptop as you do and I had to set up the fingerprint log on for him. He didn't even know the laptop had the fingerprint recognition :p Drivers can be downloaded from Manufacturers website :)

Back
Top Bottom