Acer Liquid

Soldato
Yeah it includes a 1Ghz processor which us considerably faster than the current crop of android handsets. Although I've never been annoyed with the lack of processor grunt, having more in the tank to smooth things out.

Hacking the TouchFLO onto one of these badboys should be very nice!

Caporegime
Very nice looking phone, and the first android with decent resolution. Something to look out for. However hopefully it's carp as I can't upgrade for another 9 months yet.:p

Soldato
Yeah it includes a 1Ghz processor which us considerably faster than the current crop of android handsets. Although I've never been annoyed with the lack of processor grunt, having more in the tank to smooth things out.

Hacking the TouchFLO onto one of these badboys should be very nice!

Or hang on for the HTC Dragon which will be similar hardware but with the Sense UI on top.

Soldato
Depends what you mean by a "way off". Two to three months I reckon which, in the context of 18-24 month contracts, is nothing really.

Associate
Just seen one for pre-order online, without a release date, for £353 sim free :O That's hero money....

I hear the Xperia is due in late November, but i can't imagine the Acer being out much before that...

My guess is the X3 would cost a fair bit more [Just a hunch really], for what is very similar hardware

And given that people have motoblur running on a G1 and Sense-like-UI on a Galaxy, if you don't like the acer-android stuff you can replace it with something else

I agree its not much to look at, but neither is it offensive..... I must admit I'm tempted by it

Associate
OP
Im surprised, I thought it looked quite nice, very smooth and sleek, the black version does help blend into the screen so it looks more like a single unbroken surface.

Associate
OP
Also on the sony front:

"You want the potentially great news as well, SEMC blog has announced that the Rachael otherwise known as XPERIA X3 is due out this November, the specs are the same and two color options Black and Luster. This has to still be considered as a rumor for the time being until will here something more definite. Source - engadgetmobile.com"

Associate
out in november? your having a laugh right. its not even been officially announced yet and going from se's recent record 6 months is nothing from announcement to delivery.

Back
Top Bottom