Controller advice...

Associate
Hi,

I have decided that there is just NO WAY that I can play ANYTHING on pc with the keyboard mouse set up.

Ergo... I have decided that I will buy an x-box controller but had a couple of questions.

For anyone that plays via this method how reliable is it? Is it really as easy as plug it in, go to the game, change the options to controller and away you go?

Also, I have heard that there is software available that can make your playstation 3 controller usable on pc? Has anyone tried this? Would like to hear if theres any issues as this would be my preferred method.

So thats it. Im hoping that this thread is full of positive reviews/experiences with using console controllers. Otherwise I fear heavy restrictions to my pc gaming.

Associate
hmm this is a strange 1.you not beat a keyboard and mouse for pc gaming,but in some games yes there is a choice between mouse or controller and its as simple as selcting it,but tbh your better off practicing with a mouse and keyboard or play pn a ps3 for the other.

Associate
Any of the games that have "games for windows live" branding will just work with an xbox pad as if you were playing them on a console.

When using a PS2/3 pad it's not so simple, you need to download something like xpadder and manually make profiles for each game, more hassle that it's worth for the £15 or so the xbox pad would cost you.

Associate
I've got an XBox 360 controller and it works great - even uses rumble if the game supports it - it'll work with non-'Game for Windows' games too but the game might not support all the buttons.

I still play FPS' with keyboard and mouse but for games like Batman: Arkham Asylum, Resident Evil 5 and Fallout 3 the XBox controller is awesome!

Associate
OP
WooHoo!!!

Thanks for the feedback everyone that is what I wanted to hear. Yep it would be used more for games such as those mentioned by Aegis anyway.

I also kinda expected that it wouldn't be fully supported by all games. Some of the RPG's I would, coincidentally, want to use it on probably have too many options to fit on one controller.

I don't like the idea of having to make custom profiles so it seems like it's the x box controller for me!!

Thanks again! :)

Back
Top Bottom