Gaming headset help

Associate
Hey, im lookin to buy a headset to use for left 4 dead 2, but also to enjoy some older games and new ones in the future. Having never owned a gaming headset before i dont really know whats what. The max i really want to spend is around £30, can anyone suggest a cheapish but good quality set which will last me a while. thanks ;)

Associate
I've had 2 pairs of Creative Fatality headphones now. Comfortable and fully closed with a detachable microphone.

They're great value. I bought mine for £35 from PC World so I imagine you can find them even cheaper online.

Associate
another vote for the above

id also suggest going for the usb version, why you ask? well the headphone jacks that come on most headphones wont be as resiliant to the occasional tug when you trip on the cable or accidentally walk too far away with them on. I replaced a couple of headsets before getting the creative and the cable on the usb one takes a lot more of a beating

Soldato
I've had 2 pairs of Creative Fatality headphones now. Comfortable and fully closed with a detachable microphone.

They're great value. I bought mine for £35 from PC World so I imagine you can find them even cheaper online.

i got a creatily fatality one too signed by some guy. amazing set

Associate
Thats Mr Wendel's signature you have on your headphones, his gamer tag is Fatal1ty. Creative released a whole Pro gamer range which these are part off. I own these Headphones and they are mint, defo worth a buy without a second thought. USB or 3.5mm version, up 2 you. USB version were not out when i got mine, only thing to bear in mind is that if you want to use them with anything else with a 3.5mm you obviously cannot if you have the USB version.

Associate
I got whatever the first 5.1 medusa headset was to come out. Really brilliant headset. Definitely worth the money. You almost don't need speakers once you but these!!

jbs

jbs

Associate
I'm also looking for a new headset without spending too much money and so far the Creative Fatality is on top of my list. Can anyone confirm whether they just sit on your ear or cover them totally? I have tried the Medusa and your whole ear fits inside the headphones which I do not like as my ears get so hot after only 5minutes.

Sorry for hijacking your thread a bit but maybe this is a consideration for the OP as well.

Associate
I'm also looking for a new headset without spending too much money and so far the Creative Fatality is on top of my list. Can anyone confirm whether they just sit on your ear or cover them totally? I have tried the Medusa and your whole ear fits inside the headphones which I do not like as my ears get so hot after only 5minutes.

Sorry for hijacking your thread a bit but maybe this is a consideration for the OP as well.

Your ears are fully covered, they are closed headphones.

Not the ones for you, basically.

Associate
i like steelseries siberia's or 5h v2 but there are so many good headset around you will never use speakers again lol and finally i hate people on l4d without a mic lol

Caporegime
Creative Fatality here and i have a huge head - i love them - i bought a 2nd pair for when these ones ive had for 18mnths decide to break ! (the wire is a bit loose but great for 18months wear and tear)

recommend these to anyone.

oops too late lol

Back
Top Bottom