Problem with new build LGA1156 I5 set up

Associate
Bought an Asus P7P55D and I5 750 CPU + 4gig of Geil memory. Everything else was as out of my old system.

Basically put it all together today but everytime it boots up the computer just randomly reboots after a few minutes. First time it came up CPU fan error but no messages at all now. Just reboots.

I have just got the basic things installed to try and get it to work but to no avail.

Tried -

Just one stick of memory , tried both sticks like this.
Different graphics card.
Removing eveything apart from memory , graphics , DVD and hard drive.

Power supply is an Antec SP500 and worked fine right up to fitting this board.

The system will sit in hardware monitor just fine and the cpu was sitting at 29 degrees , about 1 degree more than motherboard temp. The CPU fan was showing constantly over 2000 rpm and Q-control is disabled.

I can't think of anything else to try apart from return the board.

Anyone have any ideas please?

Soldato
Have you checked the ram is getting the correct volts.

Also check APIC ( something like that ) is enabled in the BIOS. Mine wouldnt boot into Win Vista or Win 7 until i enabled it, and i think it was off by default.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the tips but managed to sort it out.

Turns out my old power supply (Antec SP500) did n't like the new motherboard for some reason. Swapped it for an OCZ 500 one, which luckily I had in the 2nd PC, and it now works fine.

Strange why it does n't work as the Antec works fine in the 2nd PC and they are both 500W supplies.

Soldato
Mmm?

Well so did mine but I also had a power lead with 8 pins so cover off and all 8 pins in. Yet to see things going horribly wrong so probably ok :)

Associate
OP
Mmm?

Well so did mine but I also had a power lead with 8 pins so cover off and all 8 pins in. Yet to see things going horribly wrong so probably ok :)

Reading the manual , it does say fit an 8 pin but as thats being used on the graphics card in my system (its a 6/8 pin combined plug). I dont have another 8 pin socket to go in but it all seems to be working fine with just the 4 pin now.

Back
Top Bottom