essay / report writing

Soldato
Hi there,

I am currently studying an access to computing course, im a mature student who has good gcses but hasnt written an essay / report in over 10 years...

I have done a few essays since the start of my course and I am suprised at how simply the teachers want our work to be set out.

I believe an access course is key stages 3-4 and I sometimes elaborate a point to level 5 so teachers have told me to calm my explanations down...

I have asked them several times for example reports and essays of how we should structure our work, a lot of them misintrepret what I mean by this and say "we cannot do your work for you", I say of course I do not want the actual essay / report done for me but just an example of how best to set it out. They dont give me one.

I have had to redo a few essays to score a higher mark despite having great content only because the teachers cannot properly explain what it is they want and then by the next lesson move the goal posts. This can be frustating especially as I work I am trying to manage my time accordingly

My question to you guys is , does anyone have a weblink or a book that shows you how essays/reports should be set out at different key stages and levels. So for keystage and level 4 it should look like this etc etc????

If someone could help I would be eternally grateful

Cheers

Man of Honour
I don't know how much help this is but the National Curriculum website contains some information about Key Stage 4. Why not ask your lecturers for a few model examples of a good essay at Key Stage 4 and then utilise that format?

Schoolsnet has a guide on writing a story for Key Stage 4, it may have more if you take a proper look but on a first glance that looked like it might be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom