Intro Music, Ideas, Effects for Rock Band Live Show?!

Soldato
Best ideas, wins a cookie, band is a rock band playing loads of covers, Born to be Wild, Thin Lizzy etc

Need ideas for entrance music!

-Neoni

Permabanned
Im thinking more soundtracks, movie clips etc!

you can cut parts of the song out and put on loop.

I.E 0:04 to 0:20 of simple plan take my hand.

if you want something to fit your scene you gotta make an effort, you wont get anything decent easy unless you're very lucky... but being a band I would have thought you'd be able to come up with your own intro - why are you using someone else's music for an intro?

Soldato
OP
you can cut parts of the song out and put on loop.

I.E 0:04 to 0:20 of simple plan take my hand.

if you want something to fit your scene you gotta make an effort, you wont get anything decent easy unless you're very lucky... but being a band I would have thought you'd be able to come up with your own intro - why are you using someone else's music for an intro?

Im not, i created a sample of Pulp Fiction, Samuel L Jackson, where he Receits Ezekiel over war sounds, gun shots, mayhem and a really loud thumping heart beat, but was told it might be offensive?

Soldato
use the launch sequence from one of the apollo missions, you know all that 'Go Guidance' rubish etc. Horribly cliched but then you want entry music so its going to be, personally i say take to the stage in total silence and darkness than brake into your first song with a simultaneous lights up, simple straight forward and effective.

Soldato
OP
use the launch sequence from one of the apollo missions, you know all that 'Go Guidance' rubish etc. Horribly cliched but then you want entry music so its going to be, personally i say take to the stage in total silence and darkness than brake into your first song with a simultaneous lights up, simple straight forward and effective.

how we normally do it that is! kick of with born to be wild!

Man of Honour
I really really really really hate intro music and think it's the biggest cheese going however it can be done with a bit of style.
We have 2 local bands who come on to intro music but the thing is the intro lasts about 5 minutes so they stand there waiting for that long chatting to each other and then when the intro finishes they still all look at each other before kicking in - pointless.

So pick your music that lasts no longer than 1 minute
When it starts walk straight on and get ready
Perhaps have a nice deep voice on the intro that says something like "Neoni's band"
Count of 4 and straight in

That may work

Back
Top Bottom