Can someone check this in Firefox please?

Associate
Weird Firefox problem?

Getting a real strange issue in Firefox here. When I load up that page initially, sometimes all appears well, but sometimes the Easyslider photo container loads completely out of place underneath the text in the red section (should be alongside to the right).

If I go up to the URL bar and hit return to reload the page, it always appears back in the correct position.

If instead I press the refresh button to reload the page, it always seems to appear in the wrong place.

I'm using Firefox 3.0.14 - can someone else please test this out for me and let me know if they are also experiencing the above problem?

Soldato
Can confirm it works fine on initial load up.

Then when I hit refresh and it messes up.

That's one slick design though.

Associate
OP
Thanks for checking.

Have downloaded Firefox 3.5, and the problem has disappeared.

No idea what is causing it for older versions though, and could really do with solving it as not everyone's going to be on 3.5.

:confused:

Scrap that - not sorted on 3.5. Sometimes it loads in the right place, occassionally in the wrong place, and sometimes it decides to load in the correct place but at the wrong size. :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
perhaps a cache problem? are you changing it and checking, or just viewing the site?

also instead of using 2 images for the rollover effect, use one image and have it doubled then position it top when viewing, and then change position to bottom when the mouse hover over so that the change is instant and not delayed due to needing the load the image.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
perhaps a cache problem? are you changing it and checking, or just viewing the site?

also instead of using 2 images for the rollover effect, use one image and have it doubled then position it top when viewing, and then change position to bottom when the mouse hover over so that the change is instant and not delayed due to needing the load the image.

Tried messing around with the code a few times but the problem has persisted.

Cleared the cache but it still happens when hitting refresh. Baffled by it.

Yeah going to do that to the buttons once I figure out this easyslider problem.

thats a weird issue. it's very random as it's fine say 4 times then bad once. it's as though not all the JavaScript gets loaded or something as when it's disabled it's fine and never seems to happen

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thats a weird issue. it's very random as it's fine say 4 times then bad once. it's as though not all the JavaScript gets loaded or something as when it's disabled it's fine and never seems to happen

It has got me ready to headbutt the wall in frustration. Think I'm going to try going back to Easyslider 1.5 (currently uses 1.7) tomorrow and see if it still happens with that. Cheers for taking a look.

Associate
OP
Possibly fixed?
http://www.craigreid-design.co.uk/espionage/espionage-home2.html

Seems to be working ok on version 3.5 now after moving this bit out of the head section and into the body code above the slider div:

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function(){
$("#slider").easySlider({
auto: true,
continuous: true
});
});
</script>

If anyone on earlier versions of Firefox can check it also works on that it would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom