Is it me or have I found a big bug in Vista?

Associate
Hi,

I was running vista in a "high contrast" mode and decided to backup about 17gb of data to a USB HD. I started the copy and loaded IE to browse the net and I used messenger too. Flipped between various open windows a few times and I noticed the copy had got "stuck" and loaded task manager and the copy was not responding. I left it a min to see if it had defenatly crashed and it had. Tried again 2 times and same thing. Switched to normal areo display theme and tried again, it worked first time with me swapping between lots of windows too. I cant work out why high contrast mode causes it to not respond but it does:S

Soldato
i doubt it would be classed as a world wide bug, but maybe with your setup it is, could just be spiking when flipping, large USB transfer can be dodgy full stop, if i'm shifting more than 4gb i tend not to do much else on my pc.

Soldato
I have no trouble with transfering large stuff by usb, and Ive tranfered a few 100gb at once over usb while using the pc as normal. The only time it failed during copying is when the hdd overheated.

Last edited:
Associate
I have no trouble with transfering large stuff by usb, and Ive tranfered a few 100gb at once over usb while using the pc as normal. The only time it failed during copying is when the hdd overheated.

You'll find that the 64bit version of vista is a lot more more accepting of copying files and using the pc at the same time. A nice RAID0 really helps though.

Back
Top Bottom