Samsung Soul

Soldato
I've had one for over a year. Not a bad phone really, the touch pad has always been very responsive for me (even if the phone itself does take a moment to catch up sometimes, it doesn't "forget" that you've tapped something) and it's got some decent features. I do think the touch pad itself hasn't been utilised effectively though, it has the potential to do and show so much and yet most of the time it just shows the standard direction arrow keys with an OK in the middle. It also only shows one colour at a time (well, two - one for the icons and one for the highlight), whereas it'd have been much more impressive to have different colours for different icons, on the main screen for example.

Build quality is very good, with metal used on the front and back which gives the phone a nice feel and weight. Slide mechanism is still very smooth too and isn't loose at all.

The phone's software and interface isn't bad, it's not as nice to look at as the Sony Ericssons for example (bit of a step-back from my old K800 in that respect) in terms of overall look, animation, transitions etc, but it's much better than the previous Samsungs which had hideous interfaces.

If I was after a phone now, I probably wouldn't get one, but at the time of me getting it, Sony Ericsson didn't have anything interesting around and Nokia had seemed to divide their line-up into two separate camps: style or function. It was the first Samsung I actually liked the look and style of, and so far that doesn't seem set to change.

Back
Top Bottom