Optoma HD700X light patch on the screen-pls help

Associate
Switched on my Optoma HD700X tonight I noticed that there was a light patch at the very bottom of the screen. I have tried resetting the projector several times,but it's still there.
I was not there last night.

On the inside of the lens it looks like there is a mark.

Pls help, very worried.

Associate
Switched on my Optoma HD700X tonight I noticed that there was a light patch at the very bottom of the screen. I have tried resetting the projector several times,but it's still there.
I was not there last night.

****On the inside of the lens it looks like there is a mark.****

Pls help, very worried.

Hi There,
Have you answered your own question?
I'm a hd700x owner and i use it as my only tv in the house using about 12-18 hours a day, am currently on about 1400 hours.
Now i've had mine apart twice in the 6 months i've had it to clean the lense due to a dead fly and a dead lady bird, allso there is some serious dust biuld up going on inside your pj, it wont hurt to dissasemble if you feel confident enough or surely you must still have warrenty left that you can use instead of trying for a fix yourself.
Just out of interest as i've never resetted mine, does resestting put your lamp hours back to zero, lol i dont touch things that do'nt need touching ;).
Mike

Associate
OP
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I connected the projector to the ps3 to play need for speed shift and the light patch was gone. it seems that the light mark is on the blu-ray player screen.

Back
Top Bottom