Lian-Li PC-A10, your thoughts?

Associate
I'm planning to upgrade from my antec 300 in the very near future, and I like the look of the Lian Li PC-A10. I was wondering what you guys think of this case, if anyone has it maybe they could share their own experience with it. Can it still hold it's own when compared to some of the newer cases on the market?

Any help much appreciated.

Associate
Ive got one, first case ive had with a removeable motherboard tray so thats pretty good, also with the dual psu space at the base, when running a single psu you can fit a tripple rad at the bottom on its side similar to what you'd see in a TJ07 so pretty decent if running watercooling.

Associate
OP
Nice. Not thinking about watercooling at the moment but it's good to have the option for in the future. I know that when you get the case it only comes with one intake fan at the bottom for the psu and hard drive zone. I was thinking of flipping the fan at the top to make it exhaust, and then add either one or two fans in at the front to improve cooling. Is this possible or would I have to buy one or two bay adapters (if that's what they're called) to do this.
Also could you tell me is the stock air cooling noisy?

Soldato
For what amount of various components you're getting case?

In dual chamber Lian Lis front fan is in wrong place so for good intake capacity you need to deduct three 5.25" bays for intake.
Also wouldn't consider that second vertical HDD cage as usefull because it's simply perfectly positioned for blocking airflow. (along that bottom chamber divider)

Also PSU plate is made for 8cm fanned PSUs and today's standard PSUs have their fan facing narrow space behind side panel:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/LianLi/PC-A10B/images/lianlipca10b_45.jpg

As dual chamber Lian Lis are rather expensive you can probably get more balanced and spacious A71 for the same price.
(A70-based cases can take triple rad to top)

Associate
OP
I saw a pc-a10 on another website and someone had moved the psu over in order to allow more space for good air circulation for the psu. Can't seem the find a71 for the same price as the a10.

Soldato
At least one shop has A10 with slightly higher price than A71B but there's surely price variation.
Depending on at which side you're going to keep the case original A71A/B have also option of changing opening direction of door. (lacked by apparently replacing A71F "fashion edition")

Back
Top Bottom