Spec me a quality monitor

Associate
I am building a new core i7 rig and will buy the ATI 5870 gfx.

I need a 22"/24" monitor for gaming and work (photoshop, programming).
(It's possible that I may purchase 2 monitors since I work better that way)

Resolution wise - 1920x1080 / 1920x1200. I don't want any lower than that.

Also I would like to use the potential of the gfx...

so can you recommend a new monitor? And state why it is a good monitor pls as I don't understand much about them.

Also which brand would be best?

Budget - dunno yet... am seeing the monitors and their benefits then will decide the best value for money

Thanks

Associate
I was just gonna say that with the budget you have in mind I see the Samsung as your only real option. Unless you go the second hand route and go for an NEC 24WMMGX3 (or couple if you can find them)...

Soldato
i have just one of these and im very happy with the picture quality.

BenQ G2420HD Widescreen Monitor 24.0 inch (1080i/1080p) TFT LCD 1000:1 300cd/m2 (1920 x 1080) 5ms D-sub/DVI-D/ HDMI 1.3/Headphone Jack (Glossy Black)

got 2x4850's running crossfire and the picture is amazing.

i know people will say either the samsung or dell but i went for this monitor and im glad i did.

can be had for £150 from a competitor(e-mail in trust for more info on monitor).

here is a summary of the monitor.

# BenQ G2420HD Widescreen Monitor
# 24 inch TFT LCD Screen
# Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (1080i/1080p)
# Brightness: 300 cd/m2
# Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (Dynamic Contrast Ratio 40000:1)
# Response Time: 5 ms (2ms Grey To Grey)
# Input connector: D-sub / DVI-D / HDMI 1.3 / Headphone Jack
# 16.7 Million Colours
# Senseye+Photo Image Technology Brings You the Most Optimized Images: BenQ’s exclusive Senseye technology gives you preset modes Standard, Dynamic, Movie, Photo that provide instant optimized settings for different usage scenarios. Senseye+Photo is an enhanced version that adds support for the industry-standard sRGB colour space, allowing you to obtain consistent results when you view and manipulate images on a G Series monitor and on other sRGB-compliant devices
# 40000:1 DCR (Dynamic Contrast Ratio) Offers you the Finest Details: With a dynamic contrast ratio of 40000:1 to give you splendid image details and clarity in darkened and complex motion pictures: everything becomes more vivid! The 40000:1 DCR automatically adjusts backlight to optimize light levels for each and every scene, and flawlessly renders dark details. This makes movies and video games more enjoyable
# RoHS Compliance: BenQ do care about our living environment; all BenQ LCD monitors have RoHS certification (Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substances) The RoHS Directive stands for the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment. This Directive bans the placing on the EU market of new electrical and electronic equipment containing more than agreed levels of lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyl (PBB) and polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) flame retardants
# AMA (Advanced Motion Accelerator) gives you true-to-life images with enhanced picture quality and reduced visual noise with only 2ms GTG (Grey to Grey) response time so there’s no delayed response to image deliverance
# Colour temperature: Reddish/Normal/Bluish + user mode
# Glossy Black colou

Associate
OP
I read some reviews about TN vs IPS vs PVA etc

People seem to go with IPS and few people suggest TN monitors...

I'm more confused now as to what I should get :(

Also for having 2 monitors what would be best 2x 22" or 2x 24"?

Soldato
if you have a tight budget then i would go for 2x 22" but if you budget is big then 2x24".

2xbenq monitor's will set you back £300 and that's pretty good for 2x24" monitor's.

Back
Top Bottom