Engagement Rings?

Soldato
Guys,

I know nothing about which jewlers are decent or not.

Where should I be looking for a good quality but reasonably priced traditional engagement ring?

Cheers.

Soldato
Well have you got a high street? A yellow pages?

We went to Hinds and to samuels for the wedding rings. We are both very happy with the quality of ours and with 5 year insurance for each ring the whole lot cost us £500 and we got rings we wanted rather than "you must spend x amount"

Soldato
OP
Yeah i'm sure we have all the main jewlers in Leicester - i'm just totally clueless if there are any that need avoiding, or any that come recommended.

Soldato
Guys,

I know nothing about which jewlers are decent or not.

Where should I be looking for a good quality but reasonably priced traditional engagement ring?

Cheers.

Get yourself down to the jewellery quarter in Birmingham. Go into a few of the places there and spec the diamond you want, or budget, and see what they have to offer, bit of haggling needed playing them off against each other.

Once you've picked the diamond they'll mount it, job done. You'll save yourself loads over high street prices and/or get far more for your money.

I bought from there and asked for similar in a few high street shops and the nearest I got was more than 3 times the price.

Associate
Exclusive Jewellery - Brighton
comes highly recommended from us
they do custom / bespoke and off the rack - you name your price / style and they'll make it for you!
would link to the website, but it looks like it's down atm

Associate
I can recommend Bicknells & Sons in the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham. They made the most beautiful engagment and eternity rings for Mrs Clanger. I have to admit that they weren't the cheapest - but the quality of the rings is fantastic.

Soldato
I agree, but my question wasn't how much I would spend.

I spent around a grand 3 years ago, that's cheap compared to what some of my friends spend but I took her to the shop to pick and that's the one she liked. Fortunately has small hands so large rocks looked daft on her :D

Caporegime
I can recommend Bicknells & Sons in the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham. They made the most beautiful engagment and eternity rings for Mrs Clanger. I have to admit that they weren't the cheapest - but the quality of the rings is fantastic.

That's where I got my wife's engagement ring. The service was good and they do life time polishing / servicing if that matters to you. Almost wish I'd made one myself out of tinfoil and stuck £3k towards the honeymoon though. Bitch still would have stayed with me.

Back
Top Bottom