Win 7 Arrives 21st

Associate
Despite me getting an email from my supplier saying it would not be shipped until the 21st and to expect a 3-5 shipping, my copy arrived yesterday.

If you think of the headache it would create for MS to have everyone updating and looking patches on the same day, makes sense to release if over a week or longer.

Associate
My Copy is still the OCUK warehouse queue. :(

Mine too, it now says on the front page that they will be shipping on the 22nd so looks like no chance of getting it early.

I think the very least they should be doing is getting it delivered on the 22nd, my experience of pre-ordering is that you get it delivered on release day.

It wouldn't bother me so much if it was any other week, but after tomorrow I am really busy for the next two weeks so will have no chance to install it.

Wish I ordered it elsewhere now.

Associate
I would suggest that you do not install the drivers that Windows update supplies for your GFX card but get the latest directly from ATI.

It won't let me install them anyway. Yet I can't tell them to be ignored so it keeps trying to install them everytime I shut down. I have the latest 9.9 from Ati.

Arrggghhhhh

RoEy

Associate
Received my copy of pr yesterday very happy :)

One thing I noticed is my copy seems to be the US version, I had no prompt to choose which browser I wanted to use on install, it just installed IE8.

Soldato
My delivery time is apparantly 5-7 days :/ so I'm not expecting it until mid-next week even with or without a postal strike.

Associate
--ditto-- to what other people are saying ... despite my order (from elsewhere) status saying that its booked for delivery but won't leave warehouse until 21st, DHL have just "delivered" it. "delivered" is in quotes because they stuck a card through the door saying not delivered as needed signature but my wife has just phoned to say that as she was arriving home one of the students from next door was passing and said "we've got a parcel for you" ... and DHL tracking website confirms "left with neighbour".

(N.b. this was DHL@home so I think this backs up OcUKs decision to move to DPD!)

Associate
It won't let me install them anyway. Yet I can't tell them to be ignored so it keeps trying to install them everytime I shut down. I have the latest 9.9 from Ati.

Arrggghhhhh

RoEy
Had no probs with my Enterprise edition and a 4850 I set Windows update to download important updates only and let me choose when to install them. There is an option to "hide this update" I'll have a look around.

Soldato
I ordered some stuff last night including W7 HP (and a shiny SSD for it to go on)

Currently it says "In our warehouse queue", does this mean its going to be sent out today? or will it be in the queue until the 22nd?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mine from the No competitor hints. is saying ship tomorrow 21st for a 22nd delivery eta - which may or may not happen..

TBH i wont be installing until the weekend anyway and my RC isnt running out for months so whats the rush?

Associate
Looking at DHLs tracking site, it seems my housemate was in and signed for it for me. :D So it seems everyone favourite highstreet PC retailer delivered for me after all! :eek:

Mind you I haven't got home to open the box yet, so fingers crossed it isn't filled with coal!

Associate

Arrggghhhhh

RoEy
Set Windows update to install important updates only, run a check, click on where it says "x no. of other updates available" right click on the ATI one and select hide this update.

Associate
No way, all you lucky people are getting it before the postal strike, not to mention yours is mostly DHL who aren't striking, sadly mine hasn't arrived yet and IS coming via Royal Mail (Bunch of ********)

Back
Top Bottom