Re-doing my case cooling advice?

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

I've got a Cooler Master ATCS201. I paid a ridiculous sum for it in 2001 and everyone laughed. Nearly 8 years later it's still as good as it ever was and is turning out to be one of the best investments I ever made PC wise.

However I'm still running the YSTech Silent fans I bought to replace the stock ones way way back, they must be almost 7 years old themselves!

They are 27CFM and 21dbA, apparently, though it seems quite loud to me.

What I'd like to do is replace all 4 of them with new fans which shift the same or more air for less noise. They are 80mm.

Is this possible? If so, which fans do you guys recommend?

Would I be better off getting some sort of a fan controller and simply flicking them to max when gaming and turning them down to half speed when using Windows? Whats hot in the world of fan controllers? Be good if I could control them with software?

Advise me guys!

Edit: Thinking about it is this more Case Central or Cooling? No idea :D

Last edited:
Associate
For quiet 80mm fans try the Sharkoon Silent eagle 1000 or 2000. Brilliant fans. I use a sunbeam fan controller and its been great too, manually controlled tho. I have my louder fans controlled via software using speedfan.

Man of Honour
OP
Provided I get 3 pin fans is Speedfan easy to get working?

Those Sharkoon ones dont seem to push much air at all? Even the 2000 is only 22CFM?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom