Whos car has the highest mileage?

Dup

Dup

Soldato
158k on the SCHLAAB 9-5 Vectra of epic w1n auto. The headlamp wipers don't seem to engage and the central locking motor on the tailgate is broken... oh and the steering wheel is rather off center. Overall, does the job and is in need of a service soon.

It went into limp home mode last week for no apparent reason but I just had that reset and the fault cleared (as nobody on earth can seem to connect up for diagnostics on SAABs). Probably becasue I drove it for the first time in months and gave it a lot of stick forgetting I wasn't in the CTR. Driving it daily now, gotta love people probably thinking some old codger is late for work almost sliding on roundabouts.

Caporegime
*Ducks out the way of the handbags* :D

You two need to find a car park to flash your head lights menacingly at each other & wave your fists. :p

I'm hurt, i've just spent the last 6 months saving up for a glass stomach for him, that way he never needs to remove his head from up his own bottom.

Fox wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life let alone wave his fist, which makes his jibes even more comical.

Still he's the big man on the internet, which is what all the cool kids do these days........

Last edited:
Man of Honour
See, if you were completely happy with the money spent to build a... Passat Estate, it would be water off a ducks back and you'd not give that reaction. If you can dish it out against other peoples cars, you must be prepared to take it against your own :)

Associate
You obviously cannot drive, the gearbox in the mx5 is nigh on indestructible.

As are 1.8 diffs.

The gear box's are not that tough, also its a 1.6 so it only had the 1.6 open diff which is a weak point also. now has a 1.8is torsen in it.

you obviously drive like a pansy :D

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;15131990 said:
See, if you were completely happy with the money spent to build a... Passat Estate, it would be water off a ducks back and you'd not give that reaction. If you can dish it out against other peoples cars, you must be prepared to take it against your own :)

As you know in the past I’ve openly admitted that my car isn't the bestest fastest thing in the world and i know its many shortcomings and failings, I’m not a VW fanboy and I don't act like one, I purchased the car to do a job and it does that job well enough, it now does that job well enough whilst being quicker and better to drive, whilst its cost money to do this i don't really have a problem with that, its in my nature to take things to bits and mess with stuff, its the engineer in me wanting to play.

What i do take grievance with is someone bringing up a point totally unrelated for no gain other than to cause an argument, what you just did is akin to someone ripping into one of your post of recommending a mondeo or 3 series when its the perfect car for the job, as you know this isn't needed and is unhelpful and must cheese you off too.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've driven a vw golf 1.9tdi 150 with 320k on the clock.
My car is still only on about 120k i'm ashamed to say though, not bad for a 1.4 golf that admittedly i cane everywhere.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom