Whos car has the highest mileage?

Soldato
dsc02213ny3.jpg

My old 405 (the one i found in a field). Still saw it around my old place when we moved out.

251,246 mph! Woah. :eek:

Associate
It was a Mazda 626 and it was on the way out (seriously burning oil and not worth fixing). Nothing wrong with high milage cars but I preffer to aim for lower milage ones myself.

That said, I did have an Alfa Romeo GTV from 7000 miles and the engine blew up and the car went up in flames at 30000ish so things haven't always worked out :D

Soldato
It was a Mazda 626 and it was on the way out (seriously burning oil and not worth fixing). Nothing wrong with high milage cars but I preffer to aim for lower milage ones myself.

That said, I did have an Alfa Romeo GTV from 7000 miles and the engine blew up and the car went up in flames at 30000ish so things haven't always worked out :D

Could've been worse. The tube from the turbo could've deteriorated :(

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Damn, I thought mine was over the hill at just under 124k. some of you lot could have driven to the moon in your cars!

Soldato
Joking right?

Chrysler Neon (99-03) 2.0 R/T
Power: 150bhp
0-60: 9.3s

No, the R/t has a tested and verified 0-60 time of 7.6 seconds.
It also has a top speed of 135 mph.
http://www.allpar.com/neon/neonrt.html
http://www.six-0.com/pages/CarTimes.aspx?id=671

Thats faster than every ford on the UK market in the past ten years bar the RS, ST and St220.

ITs also the same time a CTR takes to get to 60, its the same performance as a mini cooper s, and it cost me peanuts.

So, try again,

Last edited:
Soldato
Depends which Neon, sure it might look questionable and have the build quality of a sandwich box, but it might be fast......

In the 3 years I've had it, its only required a set of tyres.
It has no rust, hasnt required any parts other than service Items when its gone into the garage (filters plugs, oil) it doesnt leak.

As for its looks, the wife, her friends, my work colleagues and more importantly me, all think it looks fine.

So, try again.

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
ITs also the same time a CTR takes to get to 60, its the same performance as a mini cooper s, and it cost me peanuts.

So, try again,

The K20'd UK CTR to 60 is in the mid 6s ( some say 6.6, some say 6.8. IMO 6.6 felt about right for mine) The EK9 is in late 5's I think. The FD2 is probably in the low 6.

Last edited:
Soldato

Thats faster than every ford on the UK market in the past ten years bar the RS, ST and St220.

So, try again,

A CTR with what, a boat anchor out back?

The Cooper S will be easily faster than that too unless its an Auto.

Caporegime

So, try again,

Which CTR and Cooper S are you talking about because book times for both these cars are quicker, CTR is much quicker to 60 (not that it matters).

Man of Honour

You've got to hand it to them - getting a Mk2 Mondeo sized car with a normally aspirated 2 litre engine with 150bhp to 60 in just 7.6 seconds is a pretty good acheivement.

It must weigh what, 1050-1100kg tops? 9bhp more than my old Mondeo and a good 2 seconds quicker to 60.

Last edited:
Caporegime
In the 3 years I've had it, its only required a set of tyres.
It has no rust, hasnt required any parts other than service Items when its gone into the garage (filters plugs, oil) it doesnt leak.

As for its looks, the wife, her friends, my work colleagues and more importantly me, all think it looks fine.

So, try again.

When i was talking about build quality i was mainly talking about the interior which isn't great and things like the noise the doors make when they close.

Never said it wasn't reliable, build quality and reliability are two different beasts.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;15135479 said:
You've got to hand it to them - getting a Mondeo sized car with a normally aspirated 2 litre engine with 150bhp to 60 in just 7.6 seconds is a pretty good acheivement.

It must weigh what, 1050-1100kg tops? 9bhp more than my old Mondeo and a good 2 seconds quicker to 60.

Yep its good going by anyones standards.

Back
Top Bottom