Home made sushi

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
It's not all that difficult if you pick up a decent book. I use Sushi: Taste and Technique which can be picked up for £10. Waitrose also sell pretty much everything you need to make sushi, but if like me you have an oriental supermarket in town I would go there. The fish roe I had to get from Selfridges in London.

Associate
WOW. I absolutely adore sushi, I tried it randomly once at a Japanese place, and wanted it again (but at £9 its a bit expensive). I've always thought about making some at home but always decided against it because I thought it'd be difficult and turn out badly - you've given me hope and a good book to buy :D

As for the rice, it looks very similar to preparing for proper egg fried rice, my staple :)

Soldato
I love sushi but I have never thought about trying to make it myself. For some reason I'm not really keen on anything with salmon on, prefer to have tuna.

Looks yummy :) tempted to try it now.

How's the stuff you buy from a store? (the premade sushi's) is it tasty? (just for you Andelusion) :p

Depends where you buy it. Sushi restaurants usually have good quality and tastes nice but the ones you can buy in shops are meh.. With price usually comes quality. At least that's my experience!

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I love sushi but I have never thought about trying to make it myself. For some reason I'm not really keen on anything with salmon on, prefer to have tuna.

Looks yummy :) tempted to try it now.

I made raw tuna sushi last time but didn't take any photos. It's very tasty, my finacée loves it.

How's the stuff you buy from a store? (the premade sushi's) is it tasty? (just for you Andelusion) :p

The sushi in supermarkets is pretty bad in my experience. Tesco is probably the worse, where they use very thinly sliced smoked salmon, and the rice is dry/very hard. Marks and Spencer is probably the best of the supermarkets.

Last edited:
Associate
My ex used could roll them up pretty good. Massive salmon fillet from Costco.

I cant get enough of the eel nigiri. I love that stuff.

Going to Tokyo a week monday, so get to try the stuff made by the big boys.

Sushi is great, you can eat loads of it, be full but its not heavy(like after having a roast dinner). And its very healthy.

Soldato
n549865273_2596189_6775.jpg

Some stuff my aunt made. :)

I've tried it, not a massive fan though!

Back
Top Bottom