New Apple Hardware - Today?

Associate
If two prominent members of the Apple blogging community are to be believed, we're going to see a lot of new hardware in about 8 hours time.

Fake Steve said:
We're going to have news tomorrow

Can't tell you what, obviously. But there's something brewing. Gruber doesn't know about it, but the people we care about are being briefed in advance. Stay close to your Mac or iPhone, and have your credit card ready.

Source: http://www.fakesteve.net/2009/10/were-going-to-have-news-tomorrow.html

Gruber said:
Dan Lyons Apparently Thinks Yours Truly Hasn’t Heard About the Redesigned Plastic MacBooks, Redesigned (‘Impressive’) iMacs, Updated Minis (Including One That Ships With Mac OS X Server), the Multi-Touch Magic Mouse

Unseemly for the Fake Steve character to be so wrong (or, frankly, even to care) about what I know.

Source: http://daringfireball.net/linked/2009/10/19/tomorrow

Excited?

Do you even believe it?

I have a fresh credit card at the ready... :D

Associate
OP
The thing that has me somewhat convinced is that Gruber has been way out with a lot of recent predictions and his credibility is a bit shot in that department, so if Fake Steve is calling him out like that, he'd have been better off ignoring it rather than responding how he did, which will pretty much destroy all his credibility if wrong.

Soldato
As usual I don't get that excited but I would be keen to see the new macbooks and also any potential mac pro updates. I have been drooling over a mac pro for a long time so this will still probably be no different with me keeping the cash in my pocket. Will see what happens but I wouldn't get too excited about this.

fez

fez

Caporegime
If there was a new mouse for the iMac I would be very interested but how would apple have kept this under wraps if it was being released today.

Man of Honour
All I want to see is a headless imac... or a beefed up mini.

Not even a chance - people have been wanting one for years. There'd be a big media event if they were actually going to do it...

I'll settle for a new mouse and maybe this trackpad gadget for desktops that's been talked about. I'll be interested in any update to the macbook but I won't buy one. I'm putting off my new macbook pro purchase until the quad cores arrive (here's hoping for january...)

Man of Honour
In an attempt to ease everyone's blood pressure, isn't it interesting apple effortlessly create this interest whereas everybody laughs at Microsoft for the windows 7 launch parties...

I'm saying that as it's interesting, what exactly is it apple do? It's not like they treat the fans particularly well in the grand scheme...

Soldato
In an attempt to ease everyone's blood pressure, isn't it interesting apple effortlessly create this interest whereas everybody laughs at Microsoft for the windows 7 launch parties...

I'm saying that as it's interesting, what exactly is it apple do? It's not like they treat the fans particularly well in the grand scheme...

If Ferrari released a new car people would be excited, but if Kia did the same....well.....

Back
Top Bottom