Z-2300 vs Aego M 2.1 ? or sub £150

Soldato
Hey im looking at getting me a decent set of 2.1 speakers for shaking the uni halls :p

I was wondering what my options are for getting speakers which are sub £150. A guy just down the corridor has the aego M 2.1 speakers, which are really good. But i don't really wana seem like i just copyed him if you get what i mean. Thats a bit "uncool". So i was looking for alternatives which are as good or better.

Any ideas?

:EDIT:

also is it possible to buy Klipsch ProMedia GMX A-2.1 in england at all? I don;t even know how much they cost but reviews seem to love them.

Last edited:
Associate
I know where your coming from but I think this is one time you just need to put your head down and get copying, the Aego Ms are just superb speakers, there isn't a lot in the 2.1 arena that can touch them.

Soldato
OP
Hey i been looking at klipsch but there website is quite confusing. I hear they make amazing 2.1's but i cant find them on there. However I went onto the "surround" section and i found a single speaker that appears to have two subs and two tweeters in it. However i know very little about them. If i got one of these would it be enough for a small room? Or do you have to buy additional speakers. I don't really know how it all works. I can't link to their website as it has prices.

RS-42 Surround Speaker

Soldato
OP
yeah ill probably end up with them. But just trying to see if i can get anything better by pushing my money up to 150/160.

Also ill be using them off a laptop, so not a good soundcard. Do they have an integrated soundcard?

:EDIT:

also can i plug an xbox into the ageo m'S ?

Last edited:
Soldato
If you got the Aego 2.1, I don't see that as copying. sure you might have the same set of speakers, but you are acknowledging how good they are. If you bought something that someone else owned just cause they owned it, that's different.

The Klipsch set look great also, but as pointed out already, they are hard to find in the UK.

Soldato
Neither. Get a second hand amp, floor standing speakers and a sub. Budget around £50 for amp, £40 for sub, £60 for speakers.

Will make his Aego Ms look like £5 travel speakers. My advice would be get get some better speakers and amp then get a sub when you have some more money. Looking second hand for some £90 speakers and £60 amp = awesome seperates setup that will dick all pc speakers

Associate
Not particularly practical carting that lot back and forth from uni halls though, especially floor standers. I had seperates while I was in uni halls and tbh I would have been much happier with the Aegos, they may not sound as good but £5 travel speakers is a bit of an exageration. They will happily fill any halls room with plenty of decent quality sound and I dont know about you but the accoustics in my triangular halls room were bloody aweful anyway.

Soldato
He didnt say he needed them to be portable. When i was in halls i went home twice. Once for xmas, then again a few months later. Then the final time was when i moved up the road for the start of second year. I didnt take the entire contents of my room home with me either. Just some changes of clothes in a small bag.

I thought the Megaworks 550 setup i had was loud. That was until my housemate spent the same amount on floorstanders, a Cambridge A1 and a sub. It put the megaworks i paid £180 for to shame. Literally rattling things off my shelf

Last edited:
Associate
Ahh different policy in our uni then, we had to clear our rooms out every holiday. As you say seperates will always be better if you can take the practicality hit. I was more posting to pull you up on the £5 travel speaker comment, which was a little unfair, I've got much better kit elsewhere in the house but Ive never been dissapointed litening to music on the Aego M's.

Soldato
Point taken. Maybe not £5 travel speakers but I will always believe that if you want good sound then going down the proper hifi seperates route is the only way forward

Soldato
Point taken. Maybe not £5 travel speakers but I will always believe that if you want good sound then going down the proper hifi seperates route is the only way forward

Separates are all well and good, but a lot of people can't afford the room. I went for Aegos because desk space is at a premium and the sub just about fits. I;d have no room for an AMP and shelf speakers sadly.

Back
Top Bottom