• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Does anyone know for sure what month GT300 is out?

Caporegime
The day after you bite the bullet and are fed up waiting and buy a 5870/5870x2 instead.

Or about week after one of the dons starts a thread saying we have a delivery of something but can't tell you what.

Man of Honour
Paper Launch November 2009
Hard Launch March 2010

Is about as accurate as your going to get atm... and it could still be delayed if anything unexpected holds it up or earlier if better than projected progress is made.

Soldato
I thought it was highend by March with the mainstream being several months behind that date?

That is far too late for Nvidia.

Nvidia's mainstream market version of its GT300 / Fermi chip is scheduled for a Q1 2010 launch. This is not particularly good news for the company as ATI is already shipping its mainstream card based on the Juniper chip at pricing around €130 / $169 for the more expensive parts. Of course, we are talking about the HD 5770 and HD 5750 that both started shipping yesterday.

In perspective, Fermi will be released as a performance chip card, a high-end single chip card, and a dual-GPU card that might launch a few weeks later.

When it comes to entry level and mainstream segments, we will most likely have to wait until around March, if not even later. Despite the huge flexibility of Nvidia's Fermi GF100 architecture, it still takes time to derive slower performing chips from the original design.

We have a feeling that ATI might capture a much bigger piece of the DirectX 11 market than anyone expected due to being first to the market and shipping months before its competition. Both of these factors are very beneficial for raking in good sales numbers. While Nvidia’s mainstream cards might end up faster, they will unfortunately come a month behind the competition.

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15954/34/

Man of Honour
Unless they purposely do a spin of cards with a cut down spec nVidia is going to take a massive hit from performance/mainstream cards as usually these would be the cards made on the high end process that are fully functional but don't make the grade for high end and need some SPs disabled, etc.

Associate
Well let's be honest NV have already missed the two usual big Hardware selling events of this year Release of new O/S and the usual Back to School season. If they release anything this year I'll be amazed as they've usually crowed about new GPUs and shown of finished products month before retail but they still surprise

Soldato
Christ if it's Q1 2010 then you might even see ATI do a paper launch of 5890 around the same time :D

What makes me think it is a way off is I havent seen a whiff of fermi news around since the fake card debacle and that is unusual for a card that would be just around the corner

Associate
What makes me think it is a way off is I havent seen a whiff of fermi news around since the fake card debacle and that is unusual for a card that would be just around the corner
It has been pretty quiet. I'm sure they're trying to find a way to mount a surprise comeback but with yields reportedly so low I think it's more likely they'll mount an offensive based upon PhysX, 3D Vision and CUDA. Either way ATi has scored a huge victory by releasing before Win7 and by scoring a deal with Dell - if they get their 5870x2 cards out soon then it's pretty much a walk in the park for them, as they'll have enough time to work on the 5890 to coincide with Fermi.

Still, nVidia isn't one to take things lying down. I'm sure we'll see something interesting from them.

Associate
It has been pretty quiet. I'm sure they're trying to find a way to mount a surprise comeback but with yields reportedly so low I think it's more likely they'll mount an offensive based upon PhysX, 3D Vision and CUDA. Either way ATi has scored a huge victory by releasing before Win7 and by scoring a deal with Dell - if they get their 5870x2 cards out soon then it's pretty much a walk in the park for them, as they'll have enough time to work on the 5890 to coincide with Fermi.

Still, nVidia isn't one to take things lying down. I'm sure we'll see something interesting from them.

one of the first well thought out, non bias posts on the matter :)

Associate
depends. As we know nothing about price or perfromance how can we tell? If your current card is struggling in games you are currently playing, then a 5850 would be a nice, non-expensive upgrade to DX11. If it's not then wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom