• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Just installed a 5850 - No display?

Associate
I've just installed a new ATi 5850, all seems to working ok, but i get no display, i have uninstalled my previous cards drivers (nvidia 880gt) so was using the onboard graphics, i just plugged my 8800gt back in and i get a picture but get nothing on new card, where am i going wrong? Thanks very much for any help on what must seem like novice issues to most of you!

Soldato
both are plugged in, card appears to be working fine, as i say have disconnected card and reconnected old card to test out and works fine

how can the card be working fine if you have no picture? if you mean its just spinning up the fan might mean you have a DOA :( especially as you have tried the onboard and 8800gt which work, what psu are you using and what mobo?

Associate
OP
how can the card be working fine if you have no picture? if you mean its just spinning up the fan might mean you have a DOA :( especially as you have tried the onboard and 8800gt which work, what psu are you using and what mobo?

MOBOs a pretty old ASUS P5LP-LE, PSU is a jeantec arctic 600W

Associate
I also upgraded to a 5850 and had the same issue, when running in the X16 slot (PCIE1 mobo), if i put this in the X4 slot it worked. Someone I worked with put it on a test rig (PCIE2 mobo) and could only get it to work on X4 and X8 but had no display on X16.

Associate
1st things 1st ....get rid of nvidias drivers then install atis drivers...and what OS are running ?
also do you have a second monitor or tv connected to the pc ???

Back
Top Bottom