ARMA II safe to buy again?

Soldato
Well I got arma2 on relese day but found it completely unplayable due to crazy bugs and AI. Ended up selling it due to this after the 1.01 patch didnt do much to improve it.

No I see that theres been another 3 patches i'm wondering if its safe to buy again? Will i be able to call in a pickup chopper without it flying into the nearest available tree and can i order my squad into a car without them freaking out?

Keen to play this again after another dissapointment with OF2.

Cheers

AMG

AMG

Soldato
yeah get the originals :p

out of seriousness I didn't find it that bad althrough I landed up parking it up and leaving it, I really have to start playing it again but I want tracker IR5 :mad:

Associate
I tried it again the other day. Installed it plus all the patches, booted it and all the graphics were funny. Totally messed up and unplayable. Back on the shelf.

Associate
patched to 1.04 only ever really play it co-op with a mate but never had any real problems apart from the odd bug, ai is quite clever in supressing fire, flanking etc but can have silly moments as well though is a complex system and ive been impress by the things ive seen the ai do even if they can be quick to spot you but this isnt as bad since their super human hearing has been patched.

if you think you will actually enjoy the game i say get it again but im my experience i enjoy it best when working with a mate though an area.

Soldato
OP
Hmmm, might just get it again anyway. Looks like its probably still not close to perfect but it should at least be more fun than OF2 which is already dead to me. Was loving it as well until the SP campaign was over in a heartbeat then i found out you cant have more than 63 units in the mission editor.

Back
Top Bottom