IP35 Pro Won't Post

pmd

pmd

Associate
I've got an IP35 pro running a Q6600 and 4Gb of RAM. It was working fine and now it fires up for 5 seconds and then shuts down with a 9.0 post code. I also notce the northbridge power light is showing as red. I've reduced the ram to one slot, swapped them around, removed all components except GPU and HDD, swapped PSU (to one I know works) and still no joy.

Have searched other posts for similar issue but didn't find a solution posted...

MB is less than 12 months old....

Gangster
OcUK Staff
Usually when that motherboard gets that error it is a dead motherboard. You may find that clearing the BIOS may allow one boot until you restart again. The only other item that can cause that fault is a dead graphics card but that is rare.

pmd

pmd

Associate
OP
crap - was hoping it wasn't! Thanks for the info...have even tried sweet talking it but hasn't worked either! :)

Gangster
OcUK Staff
They went out of buisness but the company that you bought it off should still honour at least a year warranty. If not then it maybe time to upgrade.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OCUK will do the warranty i believe if it is under a year old. To be honest the if its just a motherboard upgrade then obviously the asus rampage formula would be a good upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom