New Apple store opening in Cardiff

• Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Hey all, remember me?

Trawling through the spam Apple seem to love sending me (why when I tick the box dammit!), and lo and behold.. they're opening a store in the new St. Davids 2 shopping centre in Cardiff. FIRST IN THE COUNTRY!

Guess my letter to Unkie Steve paid off! Oh, still here? Don't mind me :D

*** Opening: 22nd October 2009 ***

34694477.jpg

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/stdavids2/

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
Gonna be queueing up outside the door prior to opening time and grabbing the freebies?

Working :(

At least if the mrs ever wants to go to "that department store" I can mooch around and check out the latest and greatest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Great news if you live in that area, i live in norfolk and we just got our store in norwich, it's quite big really and saves me trekking all the way down to cambridge when i want my apple fix.

funny video about the norwich opening too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SDPB_1d_L0

expect all the dancing and high fiving when the cardiff store opens, personnally that stuff is great for americans but probably doesnt suit britain that much, where just too damn miserable lol.

Associate
we could do with an apple store further north like leeds or york nearest one for me is sheffield :( and thats a 2 hour drive

After the high five opening thread, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there's going to be one opening in Newcastle. I can't for the life of me remember where I read it though...

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

OP
After the high five opening thread, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there's going to be one opening in Newcastle. I can't for the life of me remember where I read it though...

Apple UK said:
New stores, new opportunities:

St. David’s 2
Cardiff, Wales

Union Square
Aberdeen, Scotland

Cribbs Causeway
Bristol, Bristol

Eldon Square
Newcastle, Tyne and Wear

Covent Garden
London

These are the new stores, that are taking on staff.

Might answer your question :)

Soldato
Intersting that they don't mention the Bath store on that list...

I can't remember the dates but a few months ago they weren't coming, then Sep 16th they were likely coming and was confirmed a couple of weeks after in the local rag.... but the centre opens in 14 days and it's not on the Apple website. :confused:

Associate
that newcastle store is probably gonna be quite big in eldon square they are probably gonna go into the re-developed green market bit when thats been finished.

Soldato
And I still don't understand the excitement. Surely you have stores that sell Apple products? *** Far too many competitor mentions ***

Having one at driving distance is awesome if you encounter problems.

As well as being able to get proper discounted prices as a student and being able to guarantee you can see the whole of the latest product range.

Oh and having staff that know the products.

Back
Top Bottom