looking at t.v card a few questions

Associate
hi, im looking at a t.v card to go inside my pc soon to be htpc, now i know you can watch t.v record t.v etc but other than the card it self what else do i need.

any recommendations on a t.v card that will give more than my freeview currently built into the lcd tv.

budget im not sure as i dont know what i should be spending, but id say around £60 ish, more if its the dogsnuts!

thanks Ali

Associate
For Freeview the Terratec Cingery 2400i DT is pretty good, this will work in Win 7 MediaCenter, or you could use it with the Terratec HomeCinema or any other 3rd patry software, (if you do decide on maybe going with Freesat then the Hauppauge WinTV Nova HD S2, this also works with Win 7 MediaCenter, although I have used it with DVBViewer).

Do you get more channels with different cards? Always wondered about these.

Associate
OP
ok so the freesat looks good.
but what else do i need? big dish on side of house,tiny ariel on wondow ledge.
how do i actually receive the pictures.

btw planning on using mediaportal.

Associate
I've got a hauppage card and it's ridiculously easy.

Plug the aerial in the back, plug the infra-red remote reciever into the back. Open media centre and click "find channels" - 5 minutes later you're watching and recording TV.

It really couldn't have been much simpler.

Associate
OP
hmm freesat sounds out the question for now, so guess i will go for freeview.
will prob be going for antec fusion remote case, so is there any cards that can use the IR on the front instead of plugging in their own IR.

im guessing i need digital freeview due to the change over.

Back
Top Bottom