Online FPS with bases

Man of Honour
Is there anything that resembles C&C renegade (one of my all time favourite games).

Getting bored of the real life fps. which are just TD or FFA.
Is there any where the main aim is to blow up the others base either with tanks/rockets and/or c4, where the maps are more or less symmetrical.
And unless you wanted to camp and just get a high kill ratio, you actually had to cooperate to achieve the main aim.

Associate
Tf2?

With regards to blowing up bases then try to find a review of the new Red faction multiplayer. I played the singleplayer at a friend's house and if there isn't a base destruction mode for multiplayer then that's criminal.

Man of Honour
OP
This sounds interesting, Renegade was my first online game and I loved it. If this mod is any good and fairly popular I may have to get UT3 for it o.O

I',m getting it, sign upto the forums and browse some of the game videos.

Renegade was so underrated, due to single player. But it is a brilliant Multiplayer. Simple, extremely fun and balanced.

Now pay £13 for UT3 on steam for instant access or £7 on xxxxxx and wait probably 7days plus. Choices choices.

Associate
Red Faction: Guerilla Warfare?

One of the online modes is to destroy the enemies base. Another is to destroy the enemy control points and rebuild them as your own, similar to capture the flag.

Associate
Decided to install Renegade-X and load it up, only two servers with people on them and only one with a decent number of players. But it is the middle of the day and hopefully it'll get more popular with future releases.

Man of Honour
OP
Decided to install Renegade-X and load it up, only two servers with people on them and only one with a decent number of players. But it is the middle of the day and hopefully it'll get more popular with future releases.

Yeah it's still beta, so not surprising. As long as there is one busy server then all is good.

Caporegime
Renegade multiplayer was awesome, its been so long I can't quite remember but I'm fairly sure I got bored of it when Orca's were introduced, as awesome as they were too many maps/games became sniper vs orca, because orca's could kill anything and could move to easily from tank fire, but two sniper shots and they were down.

Some awesome maps, and the fact it was C&C and after years of C&C games everyone loved you could go inside powerstations and blow them up, or repair them, it was just awesome. I didn't mind repairing a tank either as it ploughed through the enemy, as you said because of the goal of base destroying, and repairing you really had to help each other to win.

The single player was incredibly basic in nature, but it was still fairly awesome the first time running around, some of the levels were even quite good with decent design and fun fights.

I'd kill for a new full Renegade type game(MP but a SP would be fun aswell), might check out the mod at some point aswell, hopefully will gain some momentum as it approaches a final version and loads of people play it.

Man of Honour
Renegade was a great laugh... unfortunatly tho when I played it - it was extremely laggy - most players just ran off and did their own thing - and way too many bugs... which turned a lot of people off.

I used to hang out on the renegade channel on dynamix IRC back in the day.

Only games I can think of are older ones - starseige (the mech one), tribes, citizen kabuto.

Man of Honour
OP
Renegade multiplayer was awesome, its been so long I can't quite remember but I'm fairly sure I got bored of it when Orca's were introduced, as awesome as they were too many maps/games became sniper vs orca, because orca's could kill anything and could move to easily from tank fire, but two sniper shots and they were down.

only on n00b servers. Orcas could be taken out fairly easily with many things, including tanks.

Soldato
And for an alternative suggestion, Planetside.

Not exactly what you're looking for, as its based on huge continents, not small symmetrical maps, but there's loads of bases you have to capture over the continents, a variety of tanks and weapons to play with. Only problem is the monthly fee, but its worth it.

Associate
I',m getting it, sign upto the forums and browse some of the game videos.

Renegade was so underrated, due to single player. But it is a brilliant Multiplayer. Simple, extremely fun and balanced.

Now pay £13 for UT3 on steam for instant access or £7 on xxxxxx and wait probably 7days plus. Choices choices.

Get it on Steam so you can try it asap and let us know how good it is ;)

Back
Top Bottom