• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New nvidia GPU card launch October 30th

Associate
For the first time since Radeon 9700 (Geforce 4 era) ATI are in the lead, how does that make nvidia a "******** joke" :confused: :p
ATi lead with the 9xxx and x1xxx series and again with the 4xxx series. Sure they failed with the 3xxx series but nVidia blew their 5xxx series and has been playing the rebadge game ever since ATi's 4xxx series launch. It's all swings and roundabouts. Still, nVidia's behaviour with PhysX and DX10.1 was disgusting and the fake card nonsense with Fermi was pretty low. I'd rather support ATi and their efforts to improve performance, than nVidia with their efforts to buy off developers and confuse the market with renaming schemes.

Caporegime
Look at the things they've done, got Dx10 crippled down so it never took off and was hardly used, got Dx10.1 removed from games as they didn't have it, and it brought ATi's much cheaper cards up to their cards performance, said they weren't going to do Dx10.1, its not important to them, rebranded the old 8800's about 20 times, and each time upping the prices because they made them into higher series cards by changing the first 8 to a 9 etc... on the sticker, and now what are they doing, showing off bits of wood as fermi's, releasing low end Dx10.1 cards.... i could go on.

Seriously the ***** are a joke, and i for one am well pleased they are in trouble now, as it serves the ***** right. :)

Associate
Hey, fancy dress is fun! All the fancy dress parties I've been to have resulted in a lot of alcohol being consumed and fun times ensuing! Plus, if I'm honest, Nvidia have every right to plug Arkham Asylum. It's the first game that has actually made any difference to the graphics when using physx :(

*edit* just read the 'non-alcoholic' bit of the blurb, ok Nvidia have lost all my vote

They had organised a free cocktail bar, and a massive punch bowl, but then they realised that one of the guests was going to be wearing an ATI tie, so to help us ,the consumer, get the best performance from the party, the Alcohol was dissabled.

I hear there is a hack doing the rounds, just have a quick google for the "bottle hidden in big coat fix".

Soldato
They had organised a free cocktail bar, and a massive punch bowl, but then they realised that one of the guests was going to be wearing an ATI tie, so to help us ,the consumer, get the best performance from the party, the Alcohol was dissabled.

I hear there is a hack doing the rounds, just have a quick google for the "bottle hidden in big coat fix".

:D

Associate
as much as NV are sturgling im still really dont wnat ot go anywere near ATI to they improve more and better patches and things.

I will happy wait for NV if its out soon as i wil only go down to a ATI if im desperate.

Soldato
Meh, this is one of those token video cards that you read about from time to time normally when existing hardware is coming to the end of it's life, ATI have done the same in the past with a dual chip X1800 (which came with an external power supply).

I would expect about 1000 of these cards to be made (like the ASUS GTX295 Mars edition) and once there sold out they won't get replaced and the memory of the said card will quickly be confined to vaults of video card history only to be remembered from time to time on messages boards 'as that card that could play Batman with PhysX'.

Caporegime
Pmsl, im howling here, its a rebrand :D :D :D :D

EVGA has teamed up with Nvidia to launch a hybrid graphics card that unfortunately has nothing to do with Fermi, but has a lot to do with rebranding. According to various sources around the net, this card will use a combination of GT200b and G92b GPUs on a single PCB, and the idea is that one GPU does the rendering while other will be left to fiddle with PhysX.

We got used to Nvidia's rebranding, but to rebrand two GPUs on a single PCB is something that we honestly didn't expect. The new card is supposedly a GTX 275 and GTS 250 on a single PCB. If that is true, then the card will have 240 stream processors and 896MB of memory for rendering and 128 stream processors and 512MB of memory for PhysX.

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/16089/1/

Got to give them credit, they've really excelled themselves this time, im absolutely crying here, its brilliant!!!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Lets take votes on names shall we?

I reckon maybe "GTX275 Physx" but that's a bit lame.

Maybe "GTX 27550"?

But my favorite currently is "GTX320". They'll sell them by the boat load with that name ;)

bru

bru

Soldato
to be fair to nvidia, if im reading this right, it isnt thier doing its evga's.

still a stupid idea though.

Back
Top Bottom