Asus Xonar D2X Ultra Fidelity 7.1 or Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Soundcard?

Associate
well i have no idea about soundcards. but i need a pci-e (x1) soundcard and i have at most £80 to spend. i am just wondering what is the best soundcard i would get for this price, and which in the title would be the better choice?

Soldato
Go for the Xonar. I used an x-fi card for a while and had a few problems with it (like crackling/skipping sound etc) which the Xonar didn't have. It also has slightly better quality sound :p

One thing I noticed as well, is the creative card's plugs were set up different than standard so not all 5.1 or 7.1 speakers work with it properly (i.e. they want you to use creative speakers :p ).

Last edited:
Soldato
If you have no idea about soundcards but are willing to spend £80 on one then you have too much money.

Either that or you know about sound in general, have a good setup but want to rig it to your pc

Associate
OP
admittedly i dont know much about sound and thats why i ask! i figured i have decent speakers and a striker ii etreme mobo with no soundcard, i just want to be futureprove and make the most out of what i have got!

the main use will be more on the movie and music side as i do quite a bit of video editing and animation in general and not as much games.

Soldato
It may be worth getting a D2 or D2X (rather than D1 or DX) for the extra connectivity and software package. The D2 and D2X come with MIDI connectivity (via a breakout board included in the package) and audio creation software (Ableton Live Lite V6) and the 6 channel version of PowerDVD v7.

Back
Top Bottom