Headphones than don't cook your ears

Soldato
I currently have some MDRV700s and they sound great. The only problem is that after an hour or so of listening I take them off and my ears feel like they are burning.

Is the normal for headphones to do this? I don't see how DJs can wear headphones for hours and hours without their ears feeling hot. Or do they just have to get used to it?

Soldato
That's a good point Guest2. I have the V500's, and they do the same to my ears. Didn't do any research when I bought them years ago. While the V700's are good, the V500's are crap. That comes from the ignorance that anything Sony is good. ^^

I did wonder if that applies to a lot of closed HP's. But maybe it's the smaller ones that press on the ears, maybe the bigger ones sit round the ears are not so bad. So I decided the HP's I shall eventually get will be open to avoid ear frying.

Soldato
I find Goldring NS1000s to be pretty cool. They're closed and are more comfortable for summer wearing than many open headsets I've tried.

Edit: small cups though. If you have big earlobes they might squeeze them.

Soldato
It's a tough call unless someone has tried or owned many different makes and models can say what they have experienced. If the GR NS1000's are fairly cool as Uriel mentioned, and they are closed and small cups, then that throws the theory of small close cups frying ones ears out of the window.

Soldato
Ive had my closed giant cans audio technica a900s now for about 5 years and have to admit yeah they cook my ears, in fact since im listening to music/films and telly for a good couple of hours a day they literally caused a rash on both my ears !

I still get dry skin from them also, the open hd-595s I had felt cold and cool to my ears and somehow i dont think that spongy material will cause any ill effects let alone a sweaty rash !

The only problem with a open pair of headphones is everyone else can hear what your hearing, roll on 70s pron music...

Back
Top Bottom