The Official Football Manager 2010 Thread

Associate
Here. ...but you'll have to wait as they say the download page is currently broken, but version 2 of the pack will be released soon. If you don't want to wait you should be able to find other picture sets if you look through that section of the forum, but they probably won't be nearly as extensive as the megapack.

cheers for that, am I right in reading that the megapack won't work in FM2008 due to file limits?

Associate
Would it not be better to offer a big amount like £20-30 million after 40 appearances. That way no money comes out month by month and as the demo only goes to the start of Jan 2010 then you would have to shell anything out

Caporegime
Would it not be better to offer a big amount like £20-30 million after 40 appearances. That way no money comes out month by month and as the demo only goes to the start of Jan 2010 then you would have to shell anything out

They often rejected those offers from me. Probably because there's a chance they won't get a penny.

Soldato
Whats the budget like for Notts?

I've just won my first league game in my Sheffield Wednesday game, just having a play around and seeing what works / what doesn't ahead of release :)
£1m for promotion, £1.3m for winning the league. Think the wage budget was around 20-23k/week! :eek:

Soldato
I might have to get this one myself. Not played FM for a while. I think the last time I played it was when I started a thread on making an OcUK team called Fenton FC, based on the location of the OcUK headquarters. Crowd attendance based on forum members etc.

Forum members emailed me "their" honest stats in basic form and I edited a new team in the editor and uploaded it to my webspace for everyone to use... It was good fun.

Might consider creating another one once everyone gets used to the new version.

Associate
Quite how "honest" would we need to be with "our" stats? ;)

Wouldn't be much fun playing using a team filled with 1s for every attribute :p

Interesting idea though.

Soldato
To be honest the 'stats' were quite reasonable. Plus when I put in the real ages of members it altered stats accordingly by itself. When I started up a game with the team, I think we had 20 odd people who sent me the emails, it went quite well. I finished in the top 10 in the first season and one member left my team and went on to a Prem side.. I cant remember who it was though. It made the game a little more fun posting results with members names on the score sheet..

Ill see if I can dig up the old thread.

Soldato
I'd be up for submitting myself, however I think we'd have to base our stats against a player. For example defenders will have to judge their own stats in comparison with another defender.

Associate
Thursday and Friday this week for definite. Not sure if there are any more, I can't find any other dates. So for FM next week it depends how bad the backlog is.

Last edited:
Soldato
Think im either gonna get this digitally, or just pop in to town on my way home from work. I finish at 4 every Friday so I can get to the shops before they close if i''m quick :D.

Associate
yeah Royal Mail said they are striking this Thurs and Fri, but they also said that they would be striking a lot in the coming months so when the 30th comes around, it is going to be manic

Associate
The 30th is next Friday so, as there aren't any more dates announced, hopefully that means they won't strike again next week.

Associate
Yeah lets hope indeed, the Windows 7 launch is getting caught up in these current strikes, not to mention all the other mail, so im sure there will be a backlog they they will have to deal with

Back
Top Bottom