WC query.

Soldato
Hi guys, I am in the process of putting my rig under water, I was only planning on cooling my GPU and CPU, but I have decided to get the EK mobo blocks for my UD5 as well.

The pump I have atm is the Laing DDC Pro 10w, and I was wondering if someone could tell me whether or not it would be able to cope with my loop?

I will be using 2 rads, a triple and double, then I have my Heatkiller 3 CU, EK FC-GTX280 block, and the NB/SB and mosfet blocks on my mobo.

Hopefully someone here can tell me if I will be good to go, or whether I will need to purchase another pump or not.

Thanks in advance

Soldato
You're probably good to go. Flow rate isn't going to be very high but the water will at least flow.

If you're lucky you have the version that turns into an 18W with a small piece of solder, at which point you're laughing. Otherwise your only option is to connect it together, leak test and boot. If changing fan speed seems to have minimal effect on temperatures & they're higher than they should be, this suggests that the pump adequate.

I'll be interested in your results, since once I get the UD5 blocks my loop will be very similar to this.

Soldato
You need to open it up and look at the contacts, believe there are 3 terminals and its a case of soldering a piece of wire from the 1st to the 3rd (from memory)

Remember seeing pics of it before, should be able find a guide on the net pretty quickly :)

Back
Top Bottom